Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Story 98: Insured Hound

With these endless tales of Laika's treatments, I think this might be a good time to send some love to the PetPlan Insurance company for always being there for us. After Laika's youthful stint as a stunt dog, I made the decision to get insurance for her. Eleven years and nearly 100 stories later, I can say with confidence that it was one of the best decisions of my life. Not only did they provide financial support but also peace of mind in even the seemingly darkest times.

Taking care of Laika was a lot of responsibility. As soon as she entered my life, everything changed: my routine, my attitude, my outlook. I wanted to be able to help her have the best life possible, especially since she was abandoned as a pup. In order to do this, I became an adult, financially. I got a credit card just in case and took a few weeks of choosing the right insurance for Big Baby (this was a longer, more insightful process than choosing my own). The company that encouraged actual human contact won! And, so did we.

Laika was a special dog that, sadly, ended up with special needs. Given the hand we were dealt, not having to worry too much about the money was a complete blessing. Granted, I still sold almost all of my records and worked a second job to make ends meet, but without being part of the PetPlan family Laika would have had less time to enjoy the finer things in life, like, well, almost all of the previous 97 stories. Without this support, I also wouldn't have been blessed with the many wonderful years I was able to share and grow with Laika.

No comments:

Post a Comment