Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Story 91: The Uncouth Hound

This story comes from way back when Miss Laika was a pup. It involves her complete lack of manners in a social situation, yet she still somehow manages to steal hearts, laps and, in this case, a few sips of an adult beverage!

When I first started taking care of Laika, she was welcomed with open arms at most of my friends' catless houses. As I would usually go to hang out with Spencer and his roommates in their large, posh apartment, she was happy to accompany me there for the excitement and attention she would inevitably receive. She set the bar pretty high with her antics early on, too.

The second time she went to visit with me there were about a dozen people hanging out. Most people were just chilling and talking, but for some reason my friend Em decided she would treat herself to a glass of champaign...which stood out among most everyone else that was not drinking alcohol. As it turns out, she ended-up not drinking alone!

Laika was drawn to her because they had met a few times before. However, this time was different, as Laika was curious about what she was drinking. As Em bent down to pet her, Big Baby put her plan into action. She nuzzled Em's hand with her head enough to knock the glass of champaign onto the floor. Laika then quickly lapped up the remainder of the spilled alcohol (which was very small) before she could be stopped. I watched this all happen and couldn't believe how uncouth she was! Em was not upset, neither was I. We were more surprised that Laika had such high tastes...or even any interest in champaign at all. Everyone else was also amused.

How did Laika follow-up this blatant party-foul? Well, she did what she did best...waited for Em to sit down on the couch and jump up to join her, where she almost immediately fell asleep in Em's lap, smiling and snoring quite loudly! Both of them were quite content, actually. Not a bad deal for Laika, I must say. I'm not sure if the drink made her sleepy, but I assume it had something to do with it. Regardless, Laika stole a drink and a lap in a matter of moments all in her own loveable way. Despite the consumption of an adult beverage in this story, Laika followed in my teetotaling ways for the rest of her days.

No comments:

Post a Comment