Just a quick tale before I go to bed. This one has to do with Laika's thought processes to outsmart the breaking of rules...and pooping.
One day about 7 years ago, it was raining really hard. As a being that poops indoors, I can safely say that I understand why a dog would not want to poop outside in such conditions. Laika hated the wet weather, so on that day, she didn't want to poop outside before I left for work around Noon. No big deal, Elaina would let her out at 5 pm.
At 5 pm, it was raining even harder. So, Miss Laika opted to continue to test her rectal fortitude. As I didn't have a cellphone at that point, I got a call at work from Elaina around 7 pm. Trying to contain her laughter, she told me to check my email. As I did, I saw an email from her with a photo attachment. Elaina stayed on the phone to hear my reaction, which was laughter and surprise at seeing s photo of my sweatshirt pulled off of the bed where I left it onto the floor...and with a textbook turd left on it! Apparently, Laika couldn't contain herself and solved the problem of pooping directly on the carpet. She was smart, too smart.
Needless to say, Elaina and I laughed for a long time. I could clearly picture Laika frantically searching for the solution and being satisfied with her choice, proudly doing the deed. Still, this was not the last of her fecal feats!
No comments:
Post a Comment