Monday, October 2, 2017

Story 56: Creature of Comfort - Pillow-Sleeper

For some reason, I haven't yet combined all of the digital photos of Laika into one folder. Certainly, this is an extremely disorganized way to find photos for the stories, but at the same time each day is like a treasure-hunt where I discover slightly new things about Laika's habits. It comes as no surprise that Laika was a creature of comfort. She loved nothing more than to sleep under the blankets in cold weather (which I am definitely missing now that the seasons are changing). However, until the last few days, it never occurred to me that Laika slept directly on pillows so much.

Here are a few key pieces of evidence to support this claim (NOTE: None of these are staged.):

 Blurry, post-surgery Laika sleeping directly on my pillow.

 Giant pillow stuffed with old towels.

Not sure how this is comfortable...maybe due to the support of the pillows?

Definitive princess-and-the-pea-styled photo. I came upon Laika lazing on this triple-stack of cushions. Looks pretty comfortable. She didn't even acknowledge that I was there, due to the bliss of her many pillows. I love this photo. It pretty much sums-up this creature of comfort!

There were also times that Laika would sleep with her head propped-up on a pillow, especially in "my" bed. I can recall one time I woke-up in the night and she was laying next to me with her body under the covers and her head on the pillow next to mine! It was pretty hilarious, but I made her move...not because of that, but because she had stolen pretty much all of the blankets (like usual).

Laika had a habit of totally destroying dog beds, but never once did she ruin a pillow. This will actually be the subject of tomorrow's story. The second photo posted today is a little teaser for the solution that we finally created, years into Laika's campaign against total dog bed destruction!

No comments:

Post a Comment