My first acquaintance with Laika was at Andy's parents house in Thanksgiving, 2016. After patting her at the house, she gave me the most special greeting with her butt comfortably sitting on my feet. It was quite heavy since she was a big dog but you could also feel her happy and energetic spirit from her warm belly. While everyone was preparing the food, Laika did a very good job of making sure everyone knew her existence. She would walk around us and occasionally center herself in the middle of the kitchen. We really enjoyed her being around and Andy would feed her carrots to keep her less bored.
After setting up everything, we sat down and started eating our Thanksgiving meal. Laika was being great company. She sat around us quietly, sometimes moved beneath the dining table and again laid on someone else's feet. I remembered she farted loudly while hanging around Andy. It was quite a funny moment. If I didn't know Laika was a good farter, I would have suspected the fart actually came from Andy.
After the delicious apple pie and biscuits, we were content and sitting in the cozy living room. Andy and Laika were cuddling on the little bed that was originally just for Laika. It was very sweet to see that and I could tell they really love each other.
I have never seen Laika again after this lovely dinner, but I still heard a lot about her from Andy weekly. Even though I've only met her once, I still feel like I knew her quite well from all those stories.
It was such a shame that I couldn't meet Laika again before her departure.
I know I will miss you Laika, the dog with the funny spirit and coolest personality.

No comments:
Post a Comment