Sunday, July 20, 2014

วัดโพธิ์และวัดพระแก้ว

เมือวันนี้คุณแม่พาแอนดี้ไปเที่ยววัดโพธิ์และวัดพระแก้วครับ ทั้งสองวัดสวยมากๆ ที่วัดโพธิ์แอนดี้ซื้อตอกไม้เพื่อเราจะไหว้พระที่วัดครับ ที่วัดพระแก้วเรวนั้งสมาธิครับ ตอนนั้นรู้สึกใจเย็นและหัวใจเงียบมาก ชอบมากๆครับ แอนดี้ถ่ายรูปเยอะๆแต่อยากจะไปเที่ยวทั้งสองวัดอีกทีนะครับ วันนี่ผมดื่นนอนแต่เช้า หลังจากนั้นไปวิ่งและกระโดดเชือก อากาศที่ที้ดีมากครับ ไม่ร้อนแต่ชื้นนิดหน่อย ชอบมากครับ

Yesterday, Salisa's mom brought me to visit Wat Pho (with the giant Recalling Buddha) and Wat Pra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha), as well as a quick jaunt past the Royal Palace, due to some heavy rains for a few minutes. Both temples were amazing. Despite the opulent and ornate appearance, their beauty was somehow transcendent of the mere visual realm. They are places of peace and serenity, even in the face of large crowds. At the direction of my friend's mom, I bought some flowers so we could both make offerings at the various shrines along our travels. Each of the temples houses many different shrines with places to 'wai pra,' or make offerings to the Buddha. Wat Pra Kaew was the more ornate of the two, with 'yaks,' or giants, guarding all the entrances. The Thai epic the Ramakien is also depicted, along with many image of Hanuman in the form of murals throughout the temple. The eaves of all the buildings have bells hung from them. Since we were graced with a slight breeze yesterday, our mediation in the main temple was accompanied by an ethereal chorus of ringing. I want to go back again before I leave! Pictured in this post are a view of me at the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho and a 'yak' and roofline of Wat Pra Kaew.

I went running last night and this morning to get ready to start training tomorrow. I am excited. While running near my friend's house, I met some neighbors and they talked to me about Muay Thai for a bit and complimented my speaking in Thai, though there were points where I was pretty clueless, it was a small victory.

Also, Salisa's mom is an excellent cook. Last night, she made me some delicious vegetarian dishes. So great! I also tried taro ice cream. I will try it again, too :)

1 comment:

  1. เมื่อวานนี้ not เมื่อวันนี้
    ดอกไม้ not ตอกไม้
    เรานั่งสมาธิ not เรวนั้งสมาธิ
    หัวใจเงียบ ใช้คำว่าสงบค่ะ
    ตื่นนอน not ดื่นนอน
    อากาศที่นี่ not อากาศที่ที้

    ReplyDelete