Sunday, September 18, 2016

กำลังเดินทางไปเมืองไทยอีก

เมื่อวานแอนดี้ออกจากบ้านไปเที่ยวเมืองไทยอีกแล้วนะ แต่ว่ายังไม่ได้ไปถึง เดินทางนี้ใช่เวลามากๆเพราะต้องรอประมาณ 12 ชั่วโมงที่ los angeles แล้ว แต่ว่าการรอปีนี้สนุกดีๆ ตอนแรกกานบินไม่ได้ทำกระเป๋าหายก่อนไปถึง l.a. นะ เก่งกว่าเมื่อก่อนจริงๆ แล้วก็ที่ l.a. แอนดี้ไปเที่ยวกับเพื่อนที่เคยเป็นเพื่อนร่อมงานที่ห้องสมุด เราไปเที่ยวร้านขายหนังสือและวัดฮินดูด้วยมา แล้วก็เราไปกินข้าวและของวันที่ thai town มาแล้ว เจอเพื่อนและคุยกันดีมากๆ หวังว่าไปหาเค้าอีกได้ ตอนนี้ผมนั่งบนเครื่องบินไปไทเปเขียนอยู่ แอนดี้กำลังจะตื่นเต้นขึ้นสำหรับเดินทางนี้ เมื่อก่อนรู้สึกเครียดนิดหน่อย เพราะว่าทุกสิ่งที่ไทยจะไม่เหมือนกับเมื่อก่อน แต่ว่าเวลาคิดเกียวกับมันทุกสิ่งทุกอย่างเปลียนตลอดเวลา ดังนั้นไม่ต้องห่วงจริงๆ ไม่ต้องมีแผนเพื่อเจอเพื่อนที่ไทยให้สนุก โชคดีมากที่แอนดี้มีอีกโอกาสไปหาเพื่อนและส้อมมวยอีกครั้งที่เมืองไทย ผมจะใจเยฟ็นก่อนและไปเที่ยวให้สนุกนะ ;-)

I am not sure what day it is now, honestly. I am currently somewhere over the Pacific on the way to Taipei. I was already in Chicago for 1 hour and LA for 12 hours. I finished an entire book, read parts of a few others and...actually slept on an airplane for about 4 hours so far (despite drinking a few too many coffees). Weird, but true. I've also managed to get some meditative moments in on both the airplanes and a temple in LA.

LA was really fun. I rented a car and met up with my friend who used to be a colleague at the library. Due to various reasons, we never really hung out in Pittsburgh outside of work. Regardless, it was great to talk and basically just drive around Hollywood. We did go to the Vedanta Society temple and bookstore, as well as Thai Town to eat dinner and desserts! It was nice to connect and honestly talk about our various life-stresses and concerns. Her perspective and attention was greatly appreciated (I hope she reflects this sentiment and also hope my dumb jokes and random observations were appreciated.) If nothing else, my friend ended up with new towels from Target :-)

I have had mixed feelings about this trip for a while. I can't necessarily pin it on one specific concern, but it has a lot to do with a snowball of general stresses and new experiences from the last year. I am not sure how they have really shaped 'me' and won't really know until I'm out of my element completely. Until talking with my friend today, I was scared this trip might be kind of an escape from some cycles and situations that aren't/weren't ideal on various levels. However, that was just a matter of mental perspective; looking through some negative (maybe 'realistic') lenses that I've prescribed and worn at times recently. I think this trip will be an invaluable opportunity to evaluate some things with a bit of detachment as a result of immersion among different friends and in a completely different context.

Growth and change are inevitable parts of life. I don't know why this is something to be feared. Maybe it has to do with clinging to some sort of static/linear vision of life or thinking a plan will yield the most desirable results. If that is the case, then I think my overall lack of planning for this trip will be a good challenge to this theory. In the last year, the least planned things in my life were some of the most rewarding (even if they seemed negative at the time) and things I put my whole effort into didn't meet expectations. Seems like those Buddha and Krishna guys knew what they were saying. Tested; agreed.

Moving on from deep thoughts at whatever time it is where ever I actually am, I want to thank my mom & dad, Chris & Steph for being great friends and watching my baby girl (miss ya, Laika) and Charisma for making this trip awesome so far. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment