อ้อๆๆๆ ตั้งแต่มาถึงเมืองไทยรู้สึกแปลกดวลาส่อนมากนะ อยากนอนหลับตลอดและฝันแปลกๆด้วย เมื่อวานนอนหลับทังบ่ายมา แต่ว่าตอนคืนนอนไม่ค่อยหลับ หวังว่าจะดีขึ้นวันนี้ มี jet lag ร้ายเกินไป 5555
ว่าแต่ว่าเมื่อวานสนุกดีนะ ตอนเช้าผมไปวิ่งมาแถวหมุ่บ้าน หลังจากนั้นอาจารย์พาแอนดี้ไปซื้อของที่ตลาดและไปกินอาหารเจด้วย อร่อยมากๆ ร้านอาหารอยู่ที่โรงพยาบาลที่มีพยาบาลหลายคนที่น่ารักดี ตอนเที่ยงเราไปโรงเรียนที่วัดเพื่อคุยภาษาอังกฤษกับสมารเณร พวกเขาทุกคนตลกมากๆ ดังนั้นการคุยกันสนุกมาก หลังจากนั้นอาจารย์พาแอนดี้และสมารเณรสองคนไปซื้อของที่ห้าง ผมซื้อ sim ใหม่ที่ร้าน tru นะ เณร 1 คนซื้อ iphone ด้วยนะ เราไปซื้อของสำเร็จจริงๆ อิอิ
I've had major jet lag since I got here, including, but not limited to, generally feeling destroyed, the inability to sleep restfully and really weird, vivid dreams. I think if I make it through today without napping, it will be a victory and put me on the right track.
Cliff's notes of the Thai language writing about yesterday: The Professor took me out yesterday to shop, eat vegan food at a food court in nursing school, to the temple school to speak English with teenage novice monks, and finally shopping at the mall with two novice monks. Just another day in life here. lol. Despite the novices not knowing anything about where I was from in America, one of them randomly told me that he really likes Whiz Khalifa. I was able to use this as a cultural connection, where geography failed.
Today, I went to the gym to train for the first time. Since I didn't sleep last night, it was easy to make it on time to the bus at 6 am. I took a motorbike taxi to the pedestrian overpass and then only had to wait less than 10 mins for the bus! So awesome. On the 35 minute trip, I started typing this post!
I got to the gym at 7 am, which was on time, but apparently early. Only one of the trainers from last year is still there, but he is super nice and we decided that I will hive him some English lessons while I'm here. He learned English really well just from being around foreigners at the gym. Impressive! People's language-learning ability never ceases to astound me!
Training was good! They only do 3 min rounds now, but after jumping a weighted rope for about 15 minutes, I did two heavy bag rounds and hit 4 hard rounds with a trainer. All double kicks. I kicked through the pads a few times with my left kicks the first round. My trainer Lut was stoked, but my shins are bruised. I feel a lot better than last year, so I think I'll make good progress this year. There was only one other person at the gym, a really friendly guy from Japan. We talked a lot and are going to go do something after training on Friday. Also, apparently the gym was sold to a guy I trained with a few years ago. Pretty cool, as he seemed like a really honest and dedicated person.
After training, I went to my favorite vegan restaurant near the Hindu temple and then to the temple. A lot of the people around the temple remembered me, which resulted in lots of conversations and answering questions about my current trip. Additionally, I ended up with a free soup and desserts :-) People were stoked about the buttons that I made to give out!
The temple was excellent, too. It was less crowded than usual, so that helped. I was about to spend a bit more time. Something about the temple is just really enchanting. I can't really explain it, but get a good feeling just from being near there. I will go back pretty much everyday!
After that, I was walking to the pier to take the boat when I randomly tan into an American couple waiting to cross a terrifying intersection. A Thai lady was instructing them to not fear and just follow her. I assured them that crossing with Thais is as safe as it gets. We ended up talking after that and it turns out that they were from Florida and happened to be going to the same place as me. I took them to the pier and we talked a lot about cool things to do in Bangkok. After getting off the boat, I showed them to the temple and got some info for them about the temple dress code. Before parting ways, I gave them my email if they had any more questions.
Next, I went to the Wat Pho massage school to get a massage. I was hoping to see the awesome massage doctor from last year, and I did see her! She remember me. I think we were both temporarily shocked, but I was given a different doctor today. The massage was excellent, because my body is a giant knot from training and travel. The hour didn't seem long enough, but I feel a lot better now. I told my doctor from last year that I will be back to see her soon. We talked a bit, too, which was good as we talked a lot last year during my massages.
The past two days, despite the lack of mental clarity and lack of sleep have been a good reminder of how things rise, pass and are reborn. Some of these actions being good, bad or both. Storms are always brewing here, it rains hard and often. It smells like rotting wood in some places and really clean in others. Dark clouds and thunder are constantly hovering, but not necessarily in a threatening way. So many things change each minute, but in over a year since I was last here, my friendships and acquaintances haven't faltered. They aren't the same, but there is still underlying curiosity and mutual respect with a lot of my interactions. It feels good to see change, but also familiar faces, as well as many new ones.
As I type this, I can see another storm rolling in over the Bangkok skyline. It feels good to be witness to this. I am not sure why, but analyzing the cause won't enhance the feeling.
p.s. - Yesterday morning I went running around the village and stopped at the temple to pay respects to a few giant Buddha statues near the canal. When bowing near one, I hear rustling under the altar and...was happily greeted by 3 sleeping puppies waking up. A cute surprise, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment