New year, continued path...renamed blog.
Cultivating the Path is both growing and advancing along a continuum toward the future. No matter how hard one tries, life will not stop. It is, therefore, imperative to cultivate a life of both love and compassion to ensure that each step of the current journey is beneficial to all.
I have been putting this off for too long...writing while I was staying in Thailand periodically over the past few years was one of the more rewarding aspects of my time there. It was a fulfilling way to detach myself from the flow of life and reflect on how I was affected by and was affecting the reality of the world and all those around me. It was such a great opportunity that has since gotten lost in the shuffle of the mundane and was labeled "unnecessary" but some aspect of my mind.
It is strange how the mind works. Life persists regardless of surroundings and new experiences occur regardless of the seeming repetition of the context. No moment is ever the "same" as much as we try to establish a static point of view. Mentally, this was a huge writing block, as I was constantly thinking that reflection on my normal habits and habitat was not important enough to do in a concrete way. Months and months later, I am taking the first steps.
I am not going to lay out a grand plan for the continuation of this blog, because planning for things reliant on the flow of life are hard to predict. However, I will continue to make entries in various languages, including English (mostly), Thai (second mostly) and Indonesian (if I can actually get my act together). As an aspirant to a spiritual path, the topics of my writings will incorporate (or tangentially relate to) aspects of religious exploration. I don't need to explain my specific set of beliefs, because, well, listing some types of -isms is unhelpful to both myself and others by creating an identity based on expectations rather than truths. (NOTE: Readers can also peruse my previous travel posts to get a feel for what is to come.) The big change is that posts will include music (spiritual or otherwise) that relates to the topics at hand.
I would like to end this re-dedication by thanking those beings who I deal with on a daily basis that have been the inspiration for self-reflection and challenging myself to rectify both inner and outer realities. Among those are Laika (my canine companion who has been fearlessly battling cancer for over 6 years), my parents (who support me endlessly despite our frequent disagreements) and Tom (for listening and providing fodder for reflection). Many thanks and praises to you all!
Given that this is the first post after a rebirth of sorts, I would like to pay homage to Ganesha to ensure that path will be cleared of obstacles and hindrances toward further knowing.

No comments:
Post a Comment